Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rock On Movie Review

I saw this movie(Rock on) yesterday, and I am somehow not able to judge it very well. After I came out of the theater, I went back to all the things being portrayed in the flick, and thought it was a very influential movie signifying some of the very bitter truths of life, when out of the desire to reach at the top, the smallest of tiffs affects your life big time.

It is a story about this band called Magic, made up by Arjun Rampal as the lead guitarist, Farhan Akhtar as the singer, Luke Kenny on the synthesizer and Purab Kohli on the drums. It deals with their biggest dream to cut an album and what all they have to compromise for it. Some parts of the movie are way too emotional. It is a better movie for those who have been in close touch with the rock culture.

I loved Purab Kohli’s role. Prachi aka Bani was the perfect casting for the too sweet to be true role and who knows she might start a great career thanks to rock on!! The music could have been better keeping the rock elements in mind. It is surely a must watch of the weekend.

My star: 3.5/5

Written By Prachi Mehta

No comments:

Search This Blog

Google